Thursday, April 05, 2007

Drudgery: Homo-tagging San Fran's Mayor

Here's Drudge's view of Mayor Newsome of San Francisco:

San Fran Mayor, unfortunate screen capture.
From Drudge Report, April 5th, 2007, 3:30pm

Drudge's "Developing..." story quotes an unnamed reporter (was he/she even there?), a local blogger, and two blog comments. Only the blogger mentioned oral sex, and the tone was in jest.

Now, I don't know the mayor as I am on the other side of the country, so I watched the video posted by ABC 7. (Watch the first 15 seconds at least - you'll thank me.) The blog post above the video was about Dan Noyes poo-pooing the mayor for ignoring him. Waaah. At the beginning of the video, Channel 2's mic is pushed very close to the mayor's face and he takes a joking bite at it. Anyone who would see it differently...

But Mr. Drudge, dancing "tucked" to Short Dick Man by the light of his mirror ball and flat-screen monitor, saw the video and shouted "Oh no he di'in!" replayed the movie, gasped, and satin-gloved fingers to lips said "Oh, snap! Total blow job - O-M-G, total hand job too!" He began frantically typing. "Dag, better not say 'hand job,' they might remember I'm gay."

You know, I wasn't going to write that. I was going to keep the integrity alive and my point was going to be that taking cheap shots lessened the value of quality journalism. I guess I get by on the reporting vs. commentary loophole.

So to go ahead and end that ellipsis: anyone who would see that differently must think Mayor Newsome is a very pretty man.

And he is in that Patrick Bateman (book, please) kind of way.

Cheap shots. From him. From me. You get what you pay for.

No comments: