Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Superbowl After the Fact

It's been over a month, but there's a couple things I need to say about the basis of the Superbowl.

I guess I should be honest in saying that I didn't watch the game. I caught parts of it. But I did focus in on the entry.

The entry was an homage to "The Places You'll Go" by Dr. Seuss. But there were problems.

First off, Harrison Ford was a problem. As an actor of 19 years, I've never seen a person so not sure of what to do with those gangly, five-digit lumps of flesh at the ends of his arms. He looked like a recent amputee/reatachment client with no control of his hands. It was awkward.

Using Dr. Suess to intro the Superbowl? Weak.

But finally, the background music used was a mess. It was the same music used in "True Romance" and - most recently - to promote Miller High Life. So the whole intro had ben opted for violence, beer, Dr. Seuss, and football, linked by one of the greatest memory kickers in life: music.

A mess.

And Harrison, please figure out what to do with your hands.

Harrison Ford wins a WTF award for his piss-poor performance.

No comments: