Tuesday, my post on marijuana, the media, and psychology got picked up by Crooks and Liars in Mike's Blog Roundup. Cool. I usually get about 20 people daily feeding their brains at this mental food cart I call a blog, and the last time they linked me, I saw almost 1000 hits.
Wednesday, I noticed I had over 30 comments on the post (most ever: 12). I checked the numbers:
Ho. Lee. Shit.
Over 10,000 hits Wednesday. Over 6,000 hits yesterday. Wha happon?
I been Dugg. Here's the Digg post linking my blog to, well, lots of people. It's called BREAKING: Marijuana/Schizophrenia Study Debunked, Nobody Surprised.
Shit again. Wait. I didn't debunk anything.
Sorry, Mr. Shambles, the Internets say you do, and what the internets says, is.
Well, it did finally get me registered on Digg. And it spurned a good deal of discussion. 46 comments on my post as of now, 164 on the Digg post. Most popular topics/points:
- Legalize pot!
- OMG this guy my friend knew smelled pot at a party and now he's totally schizo.
- Marijuana has kept me sane.
- OMGLOLZ Digg <3 Liberals, hates Microsoft
- Natural medicine can cure [enter disease here] but drug companies won't make money
- I've been stoned every day for [??] years and I'm fine / have Ph.D. / own business.
Best comment from Digg (cheezit9109): Wait, this is a BLOG? You fucking idiots.
The macros are mine. Was reading Live Grenades's Trek Macro post which lead me to I Can Has Cheeseburger? I was inspired.
So enjoy, and I'll see you later today with some Hannity Shennanigans.