Friday, June 05, 2009

Freecycle Cavalcade of ...?

I signed up for the Cincinnati area Freecycle a while back - it's a offer/request board giving people a chance to connect one person's trash to another person's treasure. Dang that sounds dirty.

I've never actually used the service, but do find it interesting. Such was the case today when this list of offerings came across:
1 partial bottle of African Violet Food

Schick Quattro razor (no blades)

$5 Huggies pullup coupon exp.7/09

6? stryofoam egg cartons

bag of gardening magazines (Backyard Living & Gardening How To)

bag of kid videos

WTF? Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Freida Bee said...

That's in line with a barter ad I saw on craigslist. A person wanted to trade a pack of smokes that wasn't his brand for a pack of his brand. I haven't smoked for many years now, but are they even worth the cost of gas to meet up?

Life As I Know It Now said...

I've signed up for the same service here. I've never done anything but look at the ads though. Don't have the time I guess!

Ricky Shambles said...

Freida- that's hilarious and absurd. the chances that someone in the area would have a pack of smokes that weren't their own brand and matched the other guy's brand AND checked Craigslist for such is astronomical.

Liberality- Same here. Not too into taking other people's stuff and anything I give away generally goes to Goodwill.

Thanks for the comments!