Monday, October 29, 2012

Not Dead, Just Fat

Been a while. Since I posted, that is.

I've been going through some mild depression, trying to get my shit together, and finding myself overwhelmed with apathy when it comes to politics. I mean, when we get to the point where AM band conservative hosts up through the Republican vice- and presidential candidates can blatantly shift from generally-expected spin to outright lies, when those who would debunk those lies are ignored because the right is so brainwashed to ignore any Romney falsehoods or ideology switches while making the slightest fart from the liberals into earth-shattering Somemotherfuckingthing-gate, really, what is there to say?

One of the things I've been working on is my weight. I'm not fat, really, but a stocky (somewhat muscular) 205lbs at 5"8" and just got back from a visit to California where I quickly realized I was generally the fattest guy in the room. Oddly enough, the vanity that drove most of the people I met made me realize I was not taking good enough care of myself on a physical/health level. So I'm making some changes.

And I don't know if it's just today with the excitement of the hurricane or the promise that the intensity of the politics will deflate some after next week, but I was motivated enough to write this, and I'm posting a video a little later.

So maybe I'm getting back on the horse. We'll see. But I'm doing okay. Not great, but better than dead.

4 comments:

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

I'm glad you are alive & "almost" well. Taking care of yourself is a good & positive project. I totally understand the depression regarding politics right now. I am suffering the same malaise. Best wishes from one of your followers & fans.



Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hope you soon kick those blues to the curb, Ricky.

Sausage said...

All the best mate, hope the blues melt soon. The politicking is almost over and hopefully the good lads will win again.
Chin up...

Ricky Shambles said...

Sally, Debra, Sausage - many thanks.

I think I'm on the way. Got 5 days on the blog this week, so I'm feeling pretty good.

Gym, meditation, thought, and writing and I'm sure I'll make it through. Just wish I could blank out the politics for the next week.