Monday, June 23, 2008

What I'm Reading Now - Perdido Street Station

Perdido Street Station

One of my close friends told me, 5 or 6 years ago, that I needed to read Perdido Street Station. 4 years ago, he hunted down China Miéville, from whom he purchased a copy, who wrote on the title page:
To [Ricky],

For God's sake, man,
listen to your friend,

Imploringly,
China Miéville

If only I'd known.
    What are you doing here, so far from home? thought Isaac with wonder. Look at the color of you: you're from the desert! You must have come miles and miles, from the Cymek. What the spit are you doing here, you impressive fucker?
    He almost shook his head with awe at the great predator before he cleared his throat and spoke.
    "Can I help you?"

Tasty, in all it's flavors. I should've done this long ago.

36 pages, and I can't wait for the next 10 minutes of free time.

China: Amen.

1 comment:

Jennifer Hayes Hugon said...

Awesome, that is so great because I saw this book in a hip store in CA and thought, "wow... I need to remember that title/author, it looks so good." But I forgot. Thanks for posting because now I know what I had forgotten.