Thursday, September 03, 2009

Walmart and Rape Vans

I thought I'd tie in a bonus Van Mural today:

Dirty Git R Done Van

...which isn't in any way a mural, but black spray paint. But recall that this whole thing did begin with a focus on rape vans, and this is certainly one.

But please notice in the lower right that this image belongs to the site I just discovered: People of Walmart. Yes, it is a photoblog of people who shop at Walmart. And as you' expect, it is both entertaining and sad at times. But mostly funny. A worthy distraction if ever there was one.

UPDATE: I love the internets. One of the images on the blog was of the back of a jean jacket that had a YouTube page address painted on it that led me to this video. It is 30 seconds that you will never get back.



8 comments:

Randal Graves said...

You're right, People of Walmart is a perfect blend of the hilarious and the "they're really the same species as me should I start drinking now?"

Ricky Shambles said...

Started drinking about 4pm because of this. Excellent questioning.

Wandering Coyote said...

I've heard of this site & for some reason thought it had been taken down. I can access it but I can't see any pictures!

Ricky Shambles said...

Coyote,
Weird. You stuck behind a work firewall? Might want to try another browser?

Wandering Coyote said...

Well, I have no idea what was going on, but I just tried again & there it was in all its glory.

Lille Diane said...

I just found People of Walmart, too. It's like a car wreck. You don't want to but you can't help but keep looking. Carnage with shopping carts...good stuff~

Ricky Shambles said...

I know; so bad yet so good.

John Michael said...

I noticed you made a post about peopleofwalmart.com. Perhaps you might be interested in doing a follow up about People of Public Transit.

People of Walmart inspires sister site (People of Public Transit)

http://www.peopleofpublictransit.com/

The public bus and subway systems are littered with amazing photo opportunities. Many of us have been sitting alone witnessing something amazing and only wishing we could share the experience with our friends. Well now you can!

Thank you,
John Michael