Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tiga: Shoes

I'm hip. I'm cool. So I listen to some sweet indie music, sometimes Canadian, so when that sweet song shows up on the new iPod commercial I can say "Oh yeah, I've been listening to them for months."

No, I'm not really a dick like that. Only sometimes. Maybe. Really, I just enjoy new, different, not overplayed music.

So I was eating up some delicious CBC Radio 3 and in the last few weeks this song "Shoes" by Tiga keeps popping in and it drives me goddamned batty! In a bad way. Annoying as hell.

So in the ever-engaging endeavor of lessening pain by spreading it out, I had to pull up the video and share with you my misery.

Only there's this one problem: When I clicked play, when I was fully expecting to wallow in the pain that is "Shoes," I found myself enthralled. And somehow now I love the song. Really. I've watched the video 3 times and it's delicious. I'm not joking.

See for yourself:



(I told you it was all fucking videos today.)

3 comments:

r4 dsi said...

I am agree with you I was go through this video it is really a very nice and lovely video the lady has very danger shoes we have to stay away fro this kind of Girls

Randal Graves said...

Wait. Isn't there some rule that indie bands must have at least one member with a beard and that that member must be seen in all promotional clips?

Ricky Shambles said...

Randal -
I believe you are correct. Upon inspection I found 2 important bits: they claim to be "Electro" instead of indie, and the main guy is a skinny tan emo. And now I don't like them as much as I did after seeing the video.