The following is a list of things I noticed or noted while watching and drinking beer:
- Walking in: Jaws? I don't know who this, but he needs to fire his orthodontist.
- Walking in: Hillary: "Great speech!" Obama: "I know; I don't even have to give it." (seriously, this was said - good job on the mics!)
- Obama says everyone can "work together tomorrow." Everyone clap! Love-in! "This is the dawning of the age of..." Oh, but maybe he meant "Tonight: go pound salt."
- Anyone else notice the CNN audio was over-modulated? Shouldn't this sound professional?
- Woohoo! I love Google and Facebook! Friend me! - seriously, if he'd mentioned a Foursquare swarm, everyone would've flipped their shit.
- Ah, Boehner. Speaker Boehner. He was wearing a red tie but then spilled merlot on it tailgating. His facial expressions gave it all away, though:
- Mean jowl curl "Argh, oil and insurance buys my merlot!"
- Lots of zoning out "I'm gonna drink the shit out of some merlot later."
- Confused "But- but- what about...? Who are you? You don't know me!"
- Nose wipe "Shouldn't have done that line with Cantor in the john. Hehe. My name's John."
- Yes, the science fair rocks over the Superbowl (Nerds represent!), but they don't have nearly the quality of commercials.
- South Korea teachers are called "Nation Builders." Sorry, that hints of scary nationalism.
- "Become a teacher!" Really? Maybe when we actually look at teachers like your Ideal Goggles do. I'd lose my house before going back to teach high school in NC where I started at $23,500 minus taxes minus 10% mandatory retirement, out of pocket expenses, and requirements of time and money I don't have for "continued education" classes. Seriously, you might have well said "Ditch diggers are treated like shit. But we need ditch diggers! Become a ditch digger!"
- $10K/yr tax credit for college tuition is going to do nothing to change the general trend of faster and higher tuition rates, a.k.a. the financial rape of college students.
- The POTUS is 100 feet from you and you're really reading the leaked speech as its being given?
- Nice reminder of the things government controls that might be considered socialism but are actually a good idea: speed limits and child labor laws.
- Did the lower-third font guy take a really long shit? Actual labels for audience shots? I could count on them on one hand.
- Napping count: 3. But I wasn't looking that hard.
- Dear President Obama: the Taliban is a bad, bad organization. You pronounced it "Tallie Bonne" and we were wondering if that is a stage comedy, dance troupe, or candy.
Paul Ryan gave the official Republican rebuttal-- Actually, between the-- trust me, the rebuttals need their own post. Link will be here once I finish composing it.
Or composting it. Click here for the follow-up post.