Thursday, October 25, 2007

Iran and My Senators

Today I was a little terrified by the sanctions on Iran announced under the smoke of the California wildfires. I wrote a piece about it at All Things Democrat. Then I wrote my senators.
Dear Senator --,

I have lived in Ohio most of my life and have only recently discovered the importance of keeping in touch with our elected officials. I know you are a busy man, and want to avoid wasting your time on the 15-20 different things on my mind. For this reason, I would like to voice my concern on one item in particular:

If you and your fellow congressional officials do not vote to rein in the powers that were allotted to the President of the United States after September 11th, we will be looking at a third World War in the President's seemingly naive attempt to stop World War III by bombing Iran.

I'm certain that as a Senator, you probably know this, but Iran links to Russia. Russia links to China. And there are enough other countries tired of us and would look expectantly towards a fresh political world-wide reformation.

I am frightened for me and my family and truly believe that we need to stop a conflict in Iran before it starts. You have that power. We gave it to you. Please do something so that next year my daughter is counting down only to seventh grade, not the day when she will be eligible for military service.

Thank you for your time,

RS


I suggest you do the same.

No comments: