Thursday, June 19, 2008

Gummy Bear Song - English ...Hungarian?

So this is what the kids are doing on YouTube. In an ongoing effort to keep up with Little Shambles, if she wants to show me a video on YouTube, I'm game, and get particularly giddy when she shows me something I saw six months ago. That is not the case here.

From Wikipedia:
"I Am Your Gummy Bear (The Gummy Bear Song)" is a novelty dance song by German composer Christian Schneider and released by Gummibear International that received international and internet meme success, in part, due to its corresponding 30-second video clip.[4][5] The song has since been released in at least seven languages and has virally spread worldwide with more than 30 million plays of the corresponding videos on YouTube and MySpace.[4] With the song ready-made for ringtone use one critic commented "he's the ultimate cross-platform, cross-cultural phenomenon YouTube was designed to unleash."
You can, of course, view the magic in the English version, but I prefer its original Hungarian here ("Itt van a Gumimaci").




...then again, it's mildly reminiscent of the original Hamster Dance from about a decade ago.

1 comment:

Angry Ballerina said...

Wow
I almost had a TIA