Wednesday, August 08, 2007

A FOX in Green Clothing

For anyone not under the seductive spell cast by the bedroom eyes of John Gibson's bouffant, FOX News's record of "oh, it's cold today; global warming is debunked" is quite clear. For a synopsis of the outrage, I turn to the lovely folks at FOX Attacks:


[Alternative YouTube Link]

With that in mind, imagine my surprise when spying this headline on TV Week: Emmy Academy Vetoes Fox’s Green Carpet Plan. Thought process: I think I know what this could mean but it can't possibly because it's FOX.
In a move that would have parted with decades of broadcast tradition, Fox wanted to roll out a green carpet during its presentation of the 2007 Primetime Emmy Awards.
...
Changing the carpet color was an unannounced part of Fox's green-themed Emmy Awards presentation strategy, which includes employing hybrid vehicles for event transportation, using recycled materials and reducing carbon emissions from the production.
I read the article, I'm excerpting the article, and I still can't believe what I'm reading. FOX, the network in the video above, the network constantly spouting against the scientific reality of climate crisis, is whining that it can't be green enough.

Some days, my head, it hurts so badly....

No comments: