Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Death and Taxes ...and, mmm Beer

I started this post as a basic Tavern Tax thing, but realized quickly that I've got a couple more updates to make thanks to my "Read it Later" thing.

Tavern Tax

What goes better together than taxes and alcohol? Nothing, really; Mrs. Shambles and I kill two bottles every year prepping our taxes.

And now you can go to the pub. And get your taxes done. No, I'm not joking.

TavernTax.com is currently arranging events at local taverns, but so far it looks pretty local to NJ, oddly enough.

Spray the Riders

I saw this on Reuters the other day:
Indonesian commuters riding on the roofs of trains will be sprayed with colored liquid so that security officers can identify and arrest them, a report said Saturday.
Good job, Indonesia! Your inadequate public transportation has caused a problem and instead of trying to remedy the problem by expanding said public transportation system, you're going to visibly criminalize people who are risking their very lives to get to work every day.

I hope your economy poops on you.

Imagining the 10th Dimension

Rob Bryanton is friggin' hot, and I don't mean in the sexy way that makes me look at men with a wink and a nod.

Imagining the 10th Dimension is a book written by said hot author, but also a completely accessible site that will walk you through the mental exercises you may need to see what String Theory is talking about with multiple dimensions.

This is violently mind-expanding and probably needs several hits; honestly, after being through it twice (and after reading A Brief History of Time and The Universe in a Nutshell), I'm still struggling. Brilliant. Must-read.

No comments: