Wednesday, January 05, 2011

In Short: Republican Humor & Muslims

Rut-rho! Human Events has launched its 365 Ways to Drive a Liberal Crazy (from book by James Delingpole). Awww, based on how humor and conservatives have mixed in the past (oil and water), this is gonna be good.
#5:
Pop 'round to your nearest extremist mosque with a bottle of Pepsi. Say to the Imam:

"Look I know you guys say you love death more than you love this stuff. But have a sip—you might just change your mind."

Hahaha. Wait. WTF? What does that even mean?

But they did get one thing right: Blatant examples of ignorance and intolerance drive me crazy.

I guess I'll be getting one of these every day. I'll pass on any others of note.


UPDATE: Huge thanks to On Smash in comments for giving us a nice reference simultaneously explaining #5 and proving how fact-deficient conservatives are.

8 comments:

Pearl said...

Wait. Muslims would rather die than have a carbonated sugared drink?

Is that right?

MAN. I gotta get educated!

Pearl

Will said...

there's this

http://muslimlawprof.org/2008/05/12/pepsi-and-pig-intestines-rumors-and-the-recreation-of-islamic-law.aspx

Betty Carlson said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. I was just curious how you found me -- have our blogging paths crossed before?

Ricky Shambles said...

Debra- yeah, me neither.

Pearl- I think I was sick that day too.

Smash- Wow! Thanks. Another excellent example of how Republicans suck at both facts and the internet.

Betty- Hopped over from a comment at Randal's place. Thanks for stopping by :)

Zaki said...

Great post, Ricky...gave you a shout-out on my site:

http://www.zakiscorner.com/2011/01/bad-humor-men.html

BTW, follow me on Twitter! @zakiscorner

Betty Carlson said...

I thought about that later. Ohio, politics, Randal's...

Frank Provasek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ricky Shambles said...

Zaki- Thanks for the shout. More horror to come. And absurdly-ignored follow remedied. I'm on it!

Betty- Certainly.

Redacted- I got your original post via email alert, and it was wonderful, even delicious. Please, share again with us!