Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Conservapedia: Jesus Christ on a ...what?

Some of you may have already heard of Conservapedia, the conservative, retarded cousin of Wikipedia. The speed at which it loads lends itself to the idea that it is hosted on a dial-up 386 in some teenage kid's basement bedroom.

There is well-founded outrage being shot all over the internet (Jack & Jill's a good one). Honestly, I was surprised the word "Coon" wasn't used (oh yes it was. Now if someone could tell me what the origin of the name Coon Rod is).

But where there is outrage, there can be entertainment! You can read about
  • Feminism: "Feminism is the philosophy that the sexes deserve to have equal rights." No need to click; that's the whole entry!

  • Siddhartha Guatama "was a Hindu" and five other sentences about the life and religion of the Buddha.

  • Hinduism: "It dates back to the ancient days."

  • Unicorns: "At the very least, it is likely that they were taken aboard the Ark prior to the Great Flood." They're serious.

  • Pacific Northwest Arboreal Octopus (This is a spoof - dang kids!)

  • And dinosaurs: "...created on the 6th day...between 6,000 and 10,000 years ago" and how the bible...good Lord. Literally.

Jesus on a Dinosaur
You've got to be fucking kidding.

I did not doctor this photo. It is from the Conservapedia Dinosaur entry. No Photoshop needed. Yes, the Lord's holdin' a 'gator while riding Littlefoot sidesaddle.

Conservapedia: openly racist, entertaining, appalling, concise. With lots of clapping and pomp, Conservapedia gets the WTF Award!

This is junk science, junk history, and probably junk math, with the most terrifying friend: Authority. People will read this and believe it and relate it and quote it. It will spread like mullet-sportin' DNA.

These people must be stopped. Until then, have a laugh or two at their expense.

3 comments:

John said...

Conservapedia on Jews: They do not believe Jesus to be the Messiah and are still waiting for him.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Jews

the unemployed said...

Hi there!

My name is Francesca Berrini and that image is actually my original art. You can see more of my Jesus and Friends images at my website: http://www.unusualcards.com/Jesus_and_Friends.html

I'm delighted that I could confuse everyone, but I'm a little disappointed that I've gotten no credit for my work.

Thanks,
Francesca Berrini
UnusualCards.com

Ricky Shambles said...

Francesca!
Thanks for contacting me. I just wrote a post about the picture and you. Also created a TIL on Reddit and posted on twitter to spread the word. You deserve the credit - the rest of cards are just as awesome.