Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Should We Stay or Should We Go Now?

If I go there will be trouble
An if I stay it will be double

- The Clash

Last week, the house voted that we should get out of Iraq by March 2008.

Yesterday, the King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia called our presence in Iraq "illegal." And then he canceled on dinner. Seriously. Whatever X-BFF.

Now I'm not saying it was all my doing, but I pushed a little Yoda at the Senate on Tuesday and, well, they narrowly preserved the deadline of March 2008.

All of congress, the American people, and the Saudi King, don't think we should be fighting a protracted war, are saying "enough." Poland and Denmark are leaving. England's heavily reducing its presence.

When will it click for George Bush? But all the president can do is smile, dark, gooey veto dripping from his hands and face.

No comments: