Thursday, December 06, 2007

Soulja Boy's "Crank Dat" Not So Appropriate

As my 11-year-old daughter (and the rest of her 6th grade class) is in love with the song "Crank That Soulja Boy" by Soulja Boy, I was keeping up with propriety and checking the artist out to make sure that it was something appropriate for an 11-year-old. I ran across a fan site that had the lyrics.

From the song:
I'm Jocking On Yo Bitch Ass
And If We Get The Fightin
Den im cockin on ya bitch ass

And then there's the song "Bootymeat."

Needless to say, the music is not appropriate for my daughter. What surprised me more was:

Soulja Boy Caught Magazine Cover

"A Positive Direction for Young America."

Isn't this kind of the opposite of that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course and it gets deeperthan that. There is a blog that breaks this down not onlyto the words but itsmetaphysicalmeanings too.

www.myspace.com/pandemon

interesting blog.and for someone who listens to the news you will be shocked as to what you learn from this blog.