Friday, August 28, 2009

That's a Grand: Cause For Concern Posts 1000

On January 26th, 2006 I was pissed about the bullshit flap over the book A Million Little Pieces. And thus was born Cause For Concern. Three years and 8 months later, I'm writing this as my 1000th post.

ticker tape
That's right bitches and haters: ticker tape!

I've grown from those lovely and humble beginnings to write extensively and liberally about politics, race, hate, right wing talk radio (oh, did I repeat myself there?), technology, science fiction, and a whole bunch of other shit with smatterings of personal bits like my recent bout with maybe-gout.

When I started it, it was its own driving force, but almost 4 years later I have only one thank you to hand out: my readers. I'm floating at about 150 visits a day but its the people who come back and back again that I really, truly appreciate.

Thank you.

A special thanks to Blue Gal who was there to pop me an award early on and serves every day as an inspiration to many of us.

Now: it's Miller time.

3 comments:

Sparkleneely said...

Congratulations! I am in awe and admiration. Go celebrate with ticker tape and beer!!!

Randal Graves said...

You should make the ticker tape out of empty beer bottles, no one ever does that.

Ricky Shambles said...

Thanks! Working on that beer bottle ticker tape, Randal. Thousands and thousands of cut bottles - wait, this might be sharp.