Wednesday, November 05, 2008

We Did It!

Barack Obama

Our 44th President of the United States

I'm elated. Excited. Floating. Tired. Still on the tail end of a mild hangover. After the thrill of yesterday, after an emotional draining, today is a little low, held up by the "pinch me" reality that we got out the word we got involved and for some, they simply got out and voted. America has spoken. And I am proud.

And the rest of the world breathes a sigh of relief that in January, the USA will stop being such a dick.

Speaking of which, Bush had some interesting words of congratulations for Obama:
What an awesome night for you, your family and your supporters.

You are about to go on one of the great journeys of life. Congratulations and go enjoy yourself.

Yes, one of those great journeys of life that we all --wait. I guess it's one of those great journeys of life that only 43 people in the history of the world have gone on? Really; what the hell is he talking about? I will miss that big lug, if only for the comic relief.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a great day. I'm tired from being up too late, but I have to tell you, I got a laugh this a.m. when I heard that Mean Jean kept her seat. Oy, that little sliver of Buckeyes!